- Submit the USF online graduate application before the stated deadline for the semester in which you want to enter the program. Please upload all application materials to your graduate application.
Fall Admission: June 1
Spring Admission: October 15
Summer Admission: March 1
Fall Admission: May 1
Spring Admission: September 15
Summer Admission: January 15
- If granted admissions you must send all official documents (Transcripts, test scores) to the USF Graduate Admissions Office at the following address.
4202 E Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036 Tampa, Florida 33620
Phone: (813) 974-3350
Fax: (813) 974-7343
Regular admission to the LIS program will be granted to students who meet one of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or above in upper-division coursework from a regionally-accredited institution OR
- Graduate GPA of 3.5 or above in a master's degree program from a regionally-accredited institution OR
- Doctoral degree (including professional degrees such as the JD and MD) from a regionally-accredited institution.
Students not meeting one of the above criteria must submit the following 3 items to be considered for conditional admission:
- A minimum score of 156 (550 on previous scale) on the Verbal section and 141 (450 on previous scale) on the Quantitative section of the General GRE test
- An academic writing sample
- Written letters of recommendation from three references
Conditional admission status will be converted to regular status upon completion of the first three LIS courses with a GPA of 3.5 or above. LIS 5020 must be included as one of the three courses.
International applicants: must submit transcripts to Graduate Admissions that include both a language and GPA translation. In addition, they must show they have met the English Proficiency requirements as found on the Office of Admissions website found here.
Need more information? Please contact the School of Information at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/voice: (813) 974-8022.