What can you do with a BSIS degree?
The School of Information (SI) offers an Information Studies program which integrates a strong foundation in information technology as well as an understanding of human, organizational, policy and other issues. The goal is to prepare students for leadership careers in a wide array of environments and contexts related to the emerging knowledge economy in Florida and beyond; from e-commerce, to leading IT teams, or as preparation for advanced careers in information architecture, health informatics, or other areas.
While the degree provides students with technical knowledge and skills, emphasis is given on understanding how people interact with information and technology, and other complexities of the information society. Below are some resources to get you started.
Where else can I find information on this major?
- ONet Online: Search for any of the positions listed below to see potential careers for Information Studies
- USF Careers Services
- Clinical Data Manager
- Database Administrator
- Web Administrator/Webmaster
- Web Developer (Information Architect)
- Data Warehousing Specialist
- Medical Records & Health Info Technician
- Database Architect
- ...and more!
Professional Organizations and Related Resources
- American Library Association
- Association for Information Science and Technology
- Computing Research Association
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- LITA (Libnrary Information Technology Association)
- National Center for Women & Information Technology
- The Information Architecture Institute