Who is your advisor?
Elicia Dick is the academic advisor for our undergraduate major.
How do I make an appointment?
For an appointment with our Undergraduate Advisor, use the university eScheduler system.
If you need help sooner than you are able to schedule an appointment, send an email to InfoStudiesAdvise@usf. Be sure to include your U-number in the subject line of the email.
When is an appointment recommended?
The School of Information recommends that:
- New students make an appointment prior to registering for classes
- Graduating seniors make an appointment before applying for graduation
- Students on academic probation make an appointment to discuss their academic plan
- Students requesting a late add/drop or an ARC petition make an appointment to discuss the details
- Transfer students make an appointment for a review of transfer work
What if I just have a simple question?
Simple advising questions can be answered via e-mail at InfoStudiesAdvise@usf.edu. Please include your U-number in the subject line. Be specific with your question. If your question is too complicated, you may be asked to make an appointment.
What do I need to bring to the appointment?
Please look over your DegreeWorks audit prior to your appointment. Note any errors or changes that need to be made. If you are bringing in transfer work for review, please have a copy of your syllabi.
What if I am a New Transfer Student?
Please visit the Transfer Student Orientation page: Click here
What do I do when I am starting to prepare for Graduation?
Before submitting a graduation application please make an advising appointment for a graduation check.
Link to Appply for Graduation:
For commencement information and ceremony registration for BSIS graduates go here.